View Single Post
Ensign
# 15
01-10-2013, 01:00 PM
Shanty Town is by far the most interesting of the limited ground map selection. It was recently "nerfed" (not sure the term applies to architecture) to make some previously-accessible spots more difficult to access. Frankly, this was done in such a haphazard and illogical way that I have to believe it was unintentional.

The ability to "go vertical" is part of Shanty Town's appeal. Except for a few spots on Otha, the rest of ground PvP shows "two-dimensional thinking," to borrow a phrase.

Far more challenging than accessing these spots is making them tactically relevant. I have seen others reach the spot shown in the OPs screenshot, but I have to admit that it was not until that particular match that I had seen anyone make good use of it.

So, no, I don't think Shanty Town needs to change -- except for the removal of the nonsensical barriers that were recently added. In fact, I'd like to see ground PvP maps expanded to include more such opportunities. Some of the newer PvE maps (Colony Invasion and Mine Trap) are constructed using 3D objects familiar from Shanty Town and could present equally interesting challenges.