View Single Post
Captain
# 15
01-10-2013, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
Or how about stop wanting to afk in the first place and play the game, we do not need more AFKable content. We need devs to focus on content that is fully playable, not just click a few things go afk a few days content.

There is less Romulan missions in the pve que then borg missions, an elite version of those will not solve the problem that there is only 2 regular space missions, 1 shuttle mission and 1 ground mission that gets screwed up all the time due to difficulty of 20 people working together. There is 6 borg pve que missions that have both normal and elite versions, thus there is way more ways to earn Omega then Romulan. We need at least 2 or 3 new Romulan Space and ground pve que missions that would be harder then the current ones even on normal and would reward comparable marks and dil to stf. New Romulus has to give more marks to.

Some of us don't want to touch Epohhs with a ten foot pole and don't want to go to New Romulus or Tau Dewa until they give a decent way to earn marks there without epohh.
Lets look at reasonable ways to get Romulan Marks and Omega Marks. Only reasonable way to get Omega Marks is Elite STFs. Reasonable ways to get Romulan Marks is Tau Dewa Daily, Epohh Raising, and a few other ways to supplement Romulan Marks. Also, lets look at the items at Tier 5 that needs to grind for. Romulan Marks has the consumables which cost 10 Romulan Marks, the Beam Array that costs 500 Romulan Marks, the two almost completely identical space sets for 750 Romulan Marks per piece of equipment, and the ultra-rare scorpion fighter for 240 Romulan Marks. Basically the only cool item is the fighter and not everyone uses hangars. Compared to the Omega Reputation that has 1000 Omega Marks for each Mk XII STF space set piece, 500 Omega Marks for each Mk XII STF ground set piece, and 250 Omega Marks for costume unlocks.

The day I got to Tier 5 Romulan Reputation, I was pretty much done with it. You can't earn Romulan Marks as quickly as Omega Marks, but there is less to buy with them and far more types of content to obtain them from. So the whole idea of making elite STFs for them is laughable. Elite versions of Romulan queue events that give about the same as elite STFs would take little work to do since it is just making harder enemies instead of changing the actual missions. If I have to suck it up and do those horrid elite STFs, then others can suck it up and do epohh raising or the Tau Dewa Daily. I don't want to ever see a Romulan STF until solo friendly methods of obtaining Omega Marks are available and the Deferi Invasion is not solo friendly.