View Single Post
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
01-11-2013, 07:57 AM
Which map and which console are you using?

In the meantime, there's a couple things to try:

- Turn off "snap to grid" it's one of the three or so buttons on the top right of the map screen.

- Hit enter after you put a value into the Y box instead of clicking outside the box to exit.

- If you haven't already, try a small value, like 1. All of the maps have a ceiling that you can't go past. It's fairly low on interior maps for obvious reasons and quite high on ground maps.

For example I was trying to put something way up in the air on a ground map recently (I forget which one) and I was trying to put in 500 for the Y and it kept resetting to about 360. I kept banging my head against the wall until I realized it must be hitting the ceiling on the map and it must be lower on this map than a lot of others. So I changed it to 200 and it accepted it just fine.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.