View Single Post
Community Moderator
# 29
01-11-2013, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Q: (keeny75) Will / Can there be a way to change the species that we are? When I first joined STO I opted for human than later on you released playable Caitian faction in the c-store. I would love to be a Caitian but I don't want to start again from scratch to do it.

Dstahl: Now that we are working on a way to respec your traits, this is one option we are considering, but we haven?t made a final decision. We generally aren?t looking for players to be able to swap their species back and forth as easily as a respec, but we do appreciate that some players may have made a decision that they would like to change. Once we get the Trait respec in game, we will make a call on whether we will open up this option. If there are others that feel strongly about this, it would be good to see some of opinions in the forums
I think a one-time change of race wouldn't be out of line, or maybe a limit on how many times you can do it.

Likewise for career changes.

And while we're on the topic of Traits... is there any chance that we might see the whole Trait system revisited?

It's always galled me that

A) BOFFs get superior traits, but we don't. AFAIK, Traits don't scale up with level/rank.

B) I can't create a Vulcan who can do nearly everything Spock could... Physical Strength, Logical, Nerve Pinch, Mind Meld, Limited Telepathy, and Acute Senses. I can understand not being legendary, but can't I be at least a little bit special?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek