View Single Post
Career Officer
# 108
01-11-2013, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coupaholic View Post
@cailean0585

Really nice ideas, in an ideal world I'd like to see the actual episodic content differ depending on your choice of career. Rather than have every officer follow the same linear path through the game you could have unique perspectives depending on what career you follow. It does bug me that everyone HAS to be a tactical officer, just with different tools.

And I see the problem with the KDF too - it's hard to develop ideas for science or engineering officers when the KDF is (and indeed supposed) to favour brute strength and aggression. Because of this I think it would be better if the KDF had it's own career choices.

Tactical officers should be known as Warriors. They do the fighting, raiding and pillaging in the name of the Empire. They make sure the populations of new worlds stay in line by quelling uprisings or rebellions, they patrol the borders of the Empire and engage anyone they find.

To replace Science officers you have operatives for KDF Intelligence. They confuse and disturb the enemy with covert operations, assassinations and intelligence gathering. They work behind the scenes using the best technology the KDF has to their advantage.

And Engineering officers can be a Fleet Marshall of something. A focus on supporting the entire KDF fleet so the machine stays well oiled for conquest. They get ships back into the fight, they establish listening posts and staging areas, they gather resources and build new weapons. Their cruisers are the flagships for the Empire, and take part in massive space battles.

Just some ideas off the top of my head - it'll never happen of course since it would be too much work, but at the very least Crypic could make the daily/optional content more career specific.
I like this idea. Cryptic should be looking to their fan base for ways to improve their game with ideas like this. What is unfortunate is that they can't use anything they haven't come up with themselves for legal reasons or some such, which is quite silly really... "We want to improve the game but we're all out of ideas and making KDF specific content is too hard." -_- We could stop contributing to your slaries for you, how's that for too hard? Put a poll out for your players, see what they want. Sure you'll get the oddball that goes "MAW PHAYZORS! PEW PEW DEATH TO EVERYTHING!" but a majority of the players like, care and want to see this game IMPROVE and evolve. I'd be interested to see a financial statement for STO, see how much it costs to keep the lights on and the devs paid, how much they get in revenue from subs and the C-Store...