View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
01-12-2013, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
If that's the case then, they aren't resisting it enough.

I don't mean what you were doing, I mean Power Insulators itself. If even with all that you can still rip shields off like that, then something needs to be adjusted somewhere. Power Insulators should help a lot more than that.
I think resists from Power insulators are working against these mines, however, these things are insanely powerful. With a spec in Flow Capacitors and consoles you can easily get over 1,000 shield drain per mine. Then if you have a dispersal pattern beta to work you can deploy 7/10/13 mines respectively (I believe). It's correct that the amount of time that these things are cycled is a bit much given how effective they can be. I'm not sure how Cryptic should address a nerf but I don't believe increasing the effectiveness of power insulators is the way to go given that it affects so many other things. These mines were a poor design. Remember these mines work like a CPB or Tachyon beam and ignore shield resistance from TSS and Extend and do straight up shield damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Maybe also make them more need Flow Capacitors to be effective.
Flow capacitors will increase their effectiveness.

Last edited by rooster75; 01-12-2013 at 07:36 AM.