View Single Post
Career Officer
# 6
01-12-2013, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inktomi19 View Post
Maybe. I'm just baffled by how he survives the torpedo hits. My BS-detector went off after seeing the same guy survive twice after losing his shields and having his buffs stripped off with SNB.

Does that ability let you cloak with shields up or something?

I use transphasics on the ship I was playing when I ran into that guy, so usually if they're in flight against a ship with no buffs up and 1% hull health, that ship is done whether they have shields up or not.

I think I've seen that ability a lot on other ships, but I noticed that guy when I was on my sci/sci ship. I usually see through cloaks pretty far out with that, and when I see other players do that I just reacquire them immediately. This guy does it when he's close to me, and if he's just been hit with a charged particle burst or whatever.

It could just be luck I guess. It just seems weird to me that one particular player keeps going to 0% hull and then bouncing back.
Well, after 3 seconds of activating it, the player cannot be targeted or affected (much like the Phase Shift ability from the Kar'Fi), however, you should be able to see an outline of the target if I'm not mistaken.