View Single Post
Captain
# 4
01-12-2013, 06:11 PM
The Chel Grett is an excellent torp boat/mine layer - absolutely loving it for the role.

I would highly suggest dropping transphasics and switching to Quantum or Plasma though. The former will really make you a structure-buster for KASE and CSE(bit of a double-edged sword on ISE). Plasma will give you a bit more useability versus medium-sized(spheres and raptors) ships that Quantums tend to struggle with.

My current prefered layout:

Fore:
2xDisruptor DCs (prefer the non-heavy version for keeping shield facings down and proc rate)
2xTorp Tubes(go with three tubes if you don't have torp doffs)
Aft:
1xDisruptor Turret (cutting beam if you have it/want to go the borg weapon set route)
1xTorp Tube(adds a lot of flexibility)
2xMine Layer(a single Dispersal Pattern Beta 3 will take off 15-20% of a gen, 50-70% of an elite cube and ravage small ship waves)

You might be a bit frustrated at times with pugging though. The average pugger isn't going to understand the strengths and weaknesses of a torp boat and will likely expect you to perform anti-ship duties that they are far better at. You can still do most of the STF anti-ship duties on your own, but it won't be anywhere near the performance a dedicated dual cannon ship can do in the role(and they won't hold a candle to what you can do against the structures and cubes).

Last edited by szerontzur; 01-12-2013 at 06:16 PM.