View Single Post
Captain
# 426
01-13-2013, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurry5 View Post
Hey, guys. I need some build advice and feedback for my torp boat Wells class. It's run on a Sci toon, and aims for general debuffing, with a side of CC.

Weapons
Fore: Omega Torp, 2xPlasma Torp Launcher Mk XI [Acc][CrtD][CrtH]
Aft: Cutting Beam, Romulan Plasma Torp Launcher, Polarised Disruptor Beam Array (Gonna swap it for the Rom Experimental later)

Consoles:
Eng: Tippler Cylinder, ZPE, Borg
Sci: Tachyokinetic, 3xParticle Gen
Tac: 3xPlasma torp damage

Doffs (all purple):
1xSDO, 2xPWO, 1xSystem Engineer (Additional VM), 1xGravimetric Sci

Boffs:
Cmdr Sci: TB1, TSS2, GW1, VM3
LtCmdr Uni (Eng): EPtS1, RSP1, EWP1
Lt Sci: ST1, HE2
Lt Uni (Tac): TT1, TS2
Ens Eng: EPtA1

Power settings:
25/60/55/60

Now, the main problem I currently have is getting my hull pounded by transphasics. As such, I'm considering swapping RSP for AtS. Any other suggestions are welcome, including getting a different ship for the Sci/Sci debuff role.
Swapping RSP for Aux2SIF isn't a bad idea. I prefer it in a team setting, though I am more likely to use RSP while PUGging.

The other suggestion I might add is doubling down on your EPtS and dropping the EPtA, more resists.

With the DOFFs, well 1 SDO isn't really doing too much for you. At least not reliably. I would throw a 2nd Systems Engineer in there.

Otherwise, it's a fairly solid build. Especially if you happen to have some team support.
Quote:
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIYOTT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ: Have you wondered that maybe all the things they've added to the gaem lately is to literally make PvP unbearable? Because everything they've added has no use in PvE at all; we know the big boss hates 14 yo min maxers