View Single Post
Survivor of Romulus
# 256
01-14-2013, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonclan View Post
I see lots of binds for ship controls but almost none for ground. What is the command for the manual aim? And crouch? If possible I would like a list of actions and commands so I can map my controller to my gaming style. Over all this thread has been a lot of help. My ship battles are less frantic key hunting and more actual ship hunting.

But a list of commands that can be bound for ground and ship would be nice. This way I can finish my controller map.
I don't have time to put it all in, but for example: I crouch by clicking the left stick, toggle shooter mode by pressing down on the d-pad, and enter "zoomed-in shooter mode" with a click of the right stick. The R1 and L1 buttons are R and L mouseclicks, repectively, so I shoot with those. I basically have directions on the d-pad (up, dwn, etc.) as they are, and each corner has a number. Numbers 5,6, and 7 I bind to "select, start, and L2" respectively, and R2 is spacebar. One of the face buttons is Alt, so with those number plus Alt variants I can map in everything.

I should stress that I came up with this on my own, it has nothing to do with the binds described at the start of this post. But in the end, I set up everything just as I want it, and it works pretty well. I use an app called Xpadder to map mouse functions and various keys to my gamepad, so as far as STO is concerned I AM using good old mouse and keyboard.