View Single Post
Rihannsu
# 2
01-14-2013, 03:19 PM
/signed +1.

Pre-F2P the end game currency were Emblems and the gear from that was Bind on Equip, not Pick-up. Meaning you could sell it on the Exchange or give it to Alts freely. Now all the non-common gear is locked behind one or more currencies (Dilithium, Marks, Fleet Credits, etc.) per-character.

I agree, that this reduces variety and enforces blinding repetative grind.

All currencies should be per account. I am one person, I can only invest so much time per day to the game, and it shouldn't matter which of my characters I want to play. I would be ok with the following notes/exceptions:

The Fleet/Rep system (just like leveling/experience points) could remain per character, as long as the needed currencies (Dilithium, Marks, etc.) were freely unlocked, and the resulting gear was account (instead of character) bound.

These freedoms could be restricted to characters-per-faction. So all Feds on the same account shared currency. All KDF had a different currency pool. Future Romulans, etc. This would require the player to play the missions for each faction, but otherwise still allow some sharing.

Perhaps restrict this to just Gold Members, thereby increasing the value of paying a monthly subscription (which currently there is very little reason to do so).

I can also understand them putting an account-limit on daily dilithium earnings.

Again, the idea being I am one person. My different characters aren't really different people.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.