View Single Post
Captain
# 34
01-14-2013, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
I don't get what is so "Classic" about these old ships, for all the raving I read about the Ambassador class, I'm glad it made one appearance on TV then went off to be promptly destroyed.
We are supposed to be in the 25th century, not only in TNG's future but TOS's far future, these old designs were abandoned in favor of the more solid streamlined designs we have for a reason and I for one want to see more futuristic designs consistent with the era we are supposed to be in, rather than a fixation with dusting off some rusty old Model T for the sake of "Nostalgia".
I'm sure there will be people who want to fly around in single nacelle TOS destroyers or a Ptolemy class Space Tug (which were never actually shown in the series), I won't be one of them, especially if it's something I'm expected to buy with real money.
If you don't like it, that is fine. But some people like to restore classic cars. Are they wrong?

I think using the old ships can be seen as like that. Some what the newest, shiniest hotrod, and some like classic cars.

Above all, this is a game. People should be free to play it as they wish. If you want to fly a 2409 design, Good for you. Enjoy it. If someone wants to fly and older ship because they loved it from the shows, I don't see how that is hurting you any, so you should let them.