View Single Post
Captain
# 17
01-14-2013, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
And that 5 minutes included if you had to stop for a restroom break inbetween. Seriously, that was the easiest cakewalk of a mission I have ever seen.

And what do you expect. You (well not the person I am quoting, but the person they are replying to) act like Cryptic making money is some sinister thing. It is a business, It has to make money or it closes its doors and no more STO.

From what I remember of the free Oddyssey, it was a good ship, but no bells and whistles. OK stats for what it was, ok BOFF lay out, and no special consoles. And everyone at the time pretty much knew there was going to be a C-store variant, just like now with the Ambassador.
I never meant to imply making money was "sinister", rather, I was stating that THIS ship, of a certain class, once the monetized version comes out, will never see a dime from me.

essentially, it goes back to knowing your market-we have some of the best cruisers in the game-as in not a single 'dog' among them (except the last pay-to-own, the Bortasque, which still manages to have a fanbase in spite of glaring defects).

i.e. we do NOT have a shortage of good, effective, cruisers, proportionally, in fact, we have a surplus of good cruisers to choose from, and frankly if the choice is a fifty-dollar cruiser triple pack that's a clone of the Ambassador, but with cannons and a standard cloak, I'm sorry, but I'll spend my money elsewhere-and there are those feel the same, though maybe not so vocal as myself.

Which is not denigrating the motive of making money-as you said, cryptic IS a business. If anything, my view is that it's a business that is making a poor business decision by neglecting the 'second faction' of their game-because KDF DO spend money-anyone that doesn't believe THAT should count the lockbox ships over Qo'Nos sometime, or look at how much stir and fury comes up over the idea of Fed Battlecloaks or plasmonic leech.

What we do not do, is WASTE money-as in buying things we don't actually want, won't actually use, or aren't all that interested in.

Which is where WE are a market that differs, somewhat, from the Fed markets they normally pursue.

"Quality" and "Distinctiveness", can ya dig it?
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."