View Single Post
Captain
# 74
01-15-2013, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
alright, Kirk, here's the deal: your method usually leads to mission-failure, when it succeeds (rarely outside of a proper, non PUG team), it's awesome, but I see people trying to do what you're doing, and usually it goes one-way-the Borg win.
so because others are idiots, I cant make this work?

Quote:
It's right up there with the guy who says he can spawn both Cubes in Infected and clear both sides simultaneously and drop the gate before the Tac cube spawns-maaaaybee he's that good, but most players are NOT, and when you're pugging, you're dealing with MOST PLAYERS.

Cure Elite does not run like Cure Normal. In "Normal" difficulty, RML is the way to go-nothing is that dangerous and even the cubes are nerfed. (hell, Hive "Normal" can be run through in about ten minutes).

I pug daily, sometimes multiple times, on multiple toons-and it's CSE that is "my game" on all of them, and it is VERY common to see the mission fail because someone thinks they can scattervolley their way to the Optional quick in ELITE.
again, just because people cannot use SCV does not mean its not effective. the majority of high dps players use SCV in STFs just because of its utility. what I am saying is, do not say its "idiocy" to use AoE just because you have not seen it effectively used in other situations than kang guard duty (which is a dps sink, even with rml)

Quote:
You scatter/aoe the stack, ignoring the spawns, ignoring what's going on around you, and making it REAL difficult for anyone to assist-because they're going to get the aggro you're triggering while you're safely down-and-to-the-side in a parking orbit, this goes on until you have raptor-and-negh'var bearing down on you (along with other things, depending on the mood of the AI), or moving at expedient speed to the Kang, because everyone else is on the wrong side of the map. Now, the guy who's guarding the Kang MIGHT have the DPS to take care of the mess you've made, but most of the time, he doesn't, because most Puggies put the "healboat" cruiser doing that job, counting on the guys at the stacks to suppress spawns before they become a major problem.
I dont see how is it difficult for others to defend the kang, while I am doing another job (assuming I ignore spawns) probably faster then they would. also I do get aggro, because I am not sittingg 9,999999999km away from my targets, but sitting next to them, and with 6 threat control only real high dps ships, or threat ships would take aggro from anything I hit.
also with the spawning neghvars I easily catch the spawning raptors and whatever spawns into one grav well, so I not only keep them at bay, but defend the kang while moving the mission forward, so there is no mess made again...

Quote:
Now, here's the other thing: you're spray-and-pray never concentrates damage, so you're not knocking out spheres faster, you're just knocking them out first-row-second-row-wake-the-cube-and trigger the Negh.

Dig it? meanwhile good concentrated damage can splash down the probes 1-2-3/1/neghvar/2/Raptor/3 in the same amount of time-and likely suppress the Bops in similar order...in LESS TIME.
CSV gives half the dmg bonus that RF gives. but you can use it on three targets at once. that means higher dps, so a group of spheres will die faster, especially in a grav well

also I am always hitting two (or even three) probes in first row, and then move up to second row, so there is not even an early neghvar spawn

Quote:

Further, the guy doing concentrated damage doesn't wake up the cube, means his buddy can actually back him up, cover approaches, and keep spawns that DO get past him off the Kang AND off his back.

Which means also that neither one of them has to gear NEARLY as expensively as you do to do the same job-inadequately.
cube can wake up without aggro, just if you go close enough. this way IF I wake up the cube, atleast it will shoot me, and not others, because I know I can tank it. again how is that bad to the others? if I concentrate fire, and the cube is aggrod, but not by me, and I cant take aggro without braking concentrated fire I would lose dps

Quote:

I see a lot of guys fail the mission in CSE with their Oddys and Vestas because they think they can kirk their way to the optional.

otoh, I've BEEN IN teams where the best gear anyone had was the Breen set-on free ships, and gotten the Optional with time to spare doing it systematically-and this was PUG, not premade or private.
baddies will be bad