View Single Post
Captain
# 103
01-16-2013, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj011 View Post
Only five more days to go and 6,768 votes so far. If we dont make it to its deadline date can we start a new one? Or get an extension?
I don't remember seeing anywhere on the site that we can't try again, but I didn't create the petition so I'm not sure. Whatever happens, we'll just continue to spread the idea and refine the concept. Losing the petition will not sink or even really set back BTE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
The nacelle struts are a huge structural weakness to the ship and Star Trek explains that they can ignore that weakness due to Structural Integrity Fields. Unfortunately, we don't have Structural Integrity Fields or any material that would be strong enough to support such a huge structural weakness.
As I said in my last post, the nacelle struts (and the ship as a whole) don't have to be identical to what we saw in Star Trek. The ship only has to look enough like the Enterprise to bring it to mind.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q