View Single Post
Captain
# 118
01-16-2013, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by balinikus View Post
An occupation force that allowed for FULL sovereignty of the nation, representation in the Klingon government and millitary, as well as civilian status and full protectorate benefits?

When has Bin Laden and Saddam served on the US senate with Taliban forces walking the streets of D.C. and serving in the Marine Corps?

to avoid needless hyperbole, the Gorn are probably the #2 thing that make the Klingon faction unique and awesome, there's no need for Fed players to leech everything away just because of a fear of trying something new.
Well, Jews are represented in the Iranian parliament--still not an ideal situation for them however. As to the citizen status of the Gorn in the Empire--the British were (when it suited them) pretty open-handed with their conquered people's as well. At least the ruling class that is. From what we know of Klingon imperialism I certainly doubt the rank and file are thrilled, and the game has established that there are a large number of Gorn in a state of rebellion. The Federation would doubtless be happy to bring them into the fold where they could, especially given the overall military situation they find themselves in.

You last point is earnest and well-put; I honestly am having a hard time giving you an answer to it. But let me say that this makes for a rather lame #2 reason. The KDF ABSOLUTELY SHOULD get a LOT more real content. I would not have a word of complaint if you guys were given an entire season update to correct this.