View Single Post
Captain
# 2
01-17-2013, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
The Son'a, the Tzenkethi, the Sheliak,

... .. .

I'm sure there are countless more species that played a minor part in the show (either via mention or sight) that are considered on par to other major factions of the Alpha Quadrant. Granted the Son'a aren't exactly a threat, but both the Tzenkethi and Sheliak were feared somewhat.

Would be nice to have some encounters with some of these guys instead of 'alien' designs. I was watching a DS9 episode yesterday (where Odo kills a Founder); the Tzenkethi were mentioned and it was hinted that they had fangs (thus they're either Cat-like or Lizard-like and not the traditional humanoid). The Sheliak (if I'm not mistaken) are crystal-based. Could there be some history between them and the Tholian?

I can't think of other powerful (but hardly seen) races right now. But still, how about it?
Are we talking Player Species or just NPCs. If we are talking Player, while I am not against minor species as a concept, you have to have a justification for the species. Technically this is true of major species up to the Romulans and Cardassians. There has to be a reason to devote the resources and man hours to create a Playable character of a species. If only one or two people or heck even ten or 20 that isn't a very good number for the amount of work needed, especially if we are talking C-store species.

Obviously this isn't a problem for Romulans and Cardassians, The continued outcry for a whole faction based on these shows a level of desire that clearly means lots of people want to play as that species. But I am not sure about some of the minor species.

Now, if we are talking NPC/enemy characters. That is a whole different story. I say, if you can fit them in the overall storyline, go for it.