View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
01-17-2013, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugspatteredjack View Post
Thanks for the name! Was he a rookie Captain? Didn't realize that and it does surprise me as this was the Enterprise after all.

I don't disagree with your statment and as a character I do agree. However, as an actor I still think he lacked presence much in the same way as Chris Evans did when acting along side Robert Downey Jr. in the Avengers. Both great actors in their own films but put together and unfortunately one lost presence somewhat.

That being said I would have been completely happy to watch Alan Ruck captain the Enterprise B for a seven year journey into the Trek universe via Tele whilst the TNG made movies!
According to the same Haynes workshop manual that lists the ship's ultimate fate, apparently Harriman didn't resume command after that maiden voyage until the late 2290s, with her 'first five year mission' being under the command of a chap named William George.

Harriman's command lasted until 2311 (so we could say about 10 years) before he stepped down after the Tomed incident, handing command to Demora Sulu.

Demora's command lasted until about 2320, with the ship's final command being under Thomas Johnson Jr, who was apparently in command when the ship was lost in '29.

Either way, it's a very long service history... There is genuinely a lot of story potential there.