Thread: New Uniforms
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-17-2013, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undyingzero View Post
They look nothing like Mass Effect costumes. The old ST uniforms, while sleek, were... a bit silly, because they're not really utilitarian. The Antares and Sierra uniforms look like proper uniforms meant to get dirty, to keep you warm and relatively safe, etc.

The Antares uniforms that have the hexagons looks a lot like it's made of the same material current soccer shirts are made of, a really tough, highly resistant material. The Sierra uniforms seem to be made of some sort of leather synthetic. They look simple and utilitarian to me, not to mention elegant.

Please don't be such a hardcore grognard. The old Trek uniforms were somewhat pretty, but rather stupid. Starship engineers who are exposed to things like hot plasma etc don't wear protective clothes just because STarfleet makes them look good in their standard non-protective uniforms.

I agree. where do you see a "Mass Effect" resmblenceb esides the shape? I like the Sierra uniforms. Though Jupitor now has it outclassed and may be outclass by the next gen. of unifroms like the Oddey.