View Single Post
Captain
# 43
01-18-2013, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegepark2151 View Post
One possibility short of full membership is for the Cardassian Empire and the Federation to enter into similar arrangement between Japan and the US after WWII. The Federation helps rebuild the Cardassian state and the two become allies, but the Cardassians always keep their sovereignty intact post-occupation, allowing for a possible Cardassian faction independent of the Federation. Actually, now that I think about it, this is kind of what is going on in game already.

Thoughts?
I think this is the best direction. The cardassians are reptiles with as one actor who played a cardassian said they have a reptillian brain. Reptiles only have 5 reactions to any given situation making them harsh and aggressive. They are also like an allegory for the serpent in literature. Deceptive, double tongued and disguised (both Ducat and Seska wore disguises for some length of time). I think making them full on good guys would ruin them there needs to be a moral ambiguity to them. They should be a C store race for the Feds and They should have a Cardassian adventure zone where we help them out. Although the Klingons are their enemies so that would only work for the feds.

As for there being a Dominion faction? Get it started like yesterday!
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR

Last edited by lincolninspace; 01-18-2013 at 04:31 PM.