View Single Post
Career Officer
# 16
01-19-2013, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I have to disagree with the idea that NOTHING is done, just not as much as we'd like.
After dealing with the Foundry for the last year and a half, I really don't feel that there is much positive to be said about how it has been handled. I will be the first to admit that there have been major improvements to the editor since it went live, which is great. But the way the development has been handled, with the lack of any sort of communication with us, and very little response to our complaints, is not really excusable, in my opinion. Who else are they developing the Foundry for, besides us, who actually use it? How do they even know what we want?

I'm a pretty reasonable person, but I can't put lipstick on a pig. Sometimes, as in this case, criticism is fair, and warranted. I think the Foundry is great, primarily because the Foundry community has managed to overcome a lot of its inherent flaws, not that we get any credit for it.

I give credit to Cryptic for developing the Foundry at all, but the way it's been treated in STO I feel deserves a C- at best. Maybe that goes for other aspects of the game, too, but since I only focus on the Foundry at this point, I don't really know. I don't hold the individual employees responsible, because I am sure they are doing the best they can, but the overall management attention to the Foundry has been quite lacking.

I will say that if it weren't for the Foundry, I would have moved on from STO a long time ago, so I guess from that standpoint I can't be that upset about it.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.

Last edited by nagorak; 01-19-2013 at 02:09 AM.