View Single Post
Ensign
# 4
01-19-2013, 02:48 AM
My problem isn't so much that it could use a buff, but that the other "teams" are better. Tac team is one of the most useful skills in the game, even at rank 1, and a lot of people basically spam it -- and for decent reasons.

By the time your shields have no shields left to redistribute with tac team, Science Team is a more useful skill, and ultimately heals more hit points if you're shields are in a bad enough state that the sci team will heal all 4 sides to a maximum effect -- and sci team 3 is a big heal, so worth it in those circumstances.

Because Tac, Sci and Eng teams all have a global cooldown, that really means I can't use Engineering team very often at all, and only at the cost of one of the other two.

The HP regen from hazard emitters + using aux to structural integrity is going to equal or exceed engineering team and work off different cool downs than tac team/eng team/sci team. There aren't very many situations in which hazard emitters and aux to struc won't keep me alive, but Engineering team will. If things are going that bad, there's a decent chance I'd die anyway.

That really only leaves Engineering team useful to heal other players, and even then it still would need to be more useful to use on other players than Tac or Science team. I actually use it a lot more often that way -- mainly when whoever's taking the most damage on the team is able to keep their shields up on their own, but need a helping hand with their hp. It's just very situational, to the point where I sometimes wonder if I wouldn't be better off with something else in that slot.

The point being, though, that the boost to the healing part of engineering team would have to be *huge* (like 2x its current heal) for me to start using it more often than tac and sci team, or it would have to work off a different cool down, and that's just not going to happen.

So, yeah... I think it could use a moderate to modest boost... but I still probably wouldn't use it much more often than I do now.

Last edited by sololionman65; 01-19-2013 at 02:56 AM.