View Single Post
Captain
# 263
01-19-2013, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
As Borticus said, there haven't been any intentional changes to make the Borg harder. I'll take another look at their torpedoes, though - those damage numbers do sound too high.

We've had some general tech changes that could be impacting things (like breaking Tachyon Harmonic) even if the Systems Designers haven't been intentionally rebalancing anything. For example, as I mentioned in another thread, the way certain targeting cones work was changed - that's cut down the "safe spots" above and below Borg Cubes.

As a general rule, we don't want players in level appropriate gear to be one-shotted. There can be some exceptions for special mechanics - like if players are out of position in the fight with the two Unimatrix ships and get hit by the lance, for example. Normal torpedoes shouldn't be producing that kind of burst damage.

I'll try to track down what's causing this and make adjustments as needed.
2 months now and still haven't seen a change in the invisible torpedo issue, a standard plasma torpedo (not high yield) is the culprit. That is the only plasma torpedo fast enough to catch you in distance issues. While these seemingly invisible torpedos do in fact seem to cause critical damage, for which I could care less if the borg are or are not able to do. Cause massive damage thru full shields, meaning 1-2 torpedo impacts should in fact have a damage ammount reduction for impacting your shields first, but instead bypass them all together at times. I know plasma torpedos deal plasma dot damage, but for the borg invisatorp it seems to cause 20k+dmg in an instant hull burn it seems like during these instances.