View Single Post
Captain
# 45
01-19-2013, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
Again, those 'carriers' are nothing more than attack cruisers with hangar bays. They play like cruisers and use the pets as damage add-on.

A true carrier uses pets as its damage and the ship as support for pets/team. This is what's missing and i'd love to have a ship that allows it.

Very different gameplay styles. Your Vesta is basically a flight deck cruiser with a ton of super-toys on it. Your gameplay is focused on your ship with the pets as fire and forget damage add on.

If you have the resources to try it out, get a VoQuv and just load turrets on it, get yourself a full pet complement and play using the pets. You will then experience a very different trek game.

(I say turrets since they will force you to focus on using pets...the VoQuv is perfectly capable of loading full dual heavy cannons up front and being some sort of Battlestar Galactica like armed space whale).
I still have Age of Empires installed whenever I want to command units across a map.
I did make a couple outpost destroying raids in BSGO where I lead a bunch of people across the sectors.

I play STO to have a fully autonomous ship (with or without diverse add ons AKA hangars, special consoles) I play with.

Fine, if other people want to play STO by only directing pets around, so be it. But giving them 4 hangars to play with would overpower anything else at least in PvE, and will create more spam to slow my processors. Thus I'd rather not see it added to STO.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Add Tier 6 staple KDF ship types: Carrier and Bird of prey.
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!