View Single Post
Career Officer
# 25
01-19-2013, 04:31 PM
Holo emitter is a great idea, but you know that it would only last 60 minutes. Honestly, I can't understand how one can argue the continuous existence of the excelsior class but not the connie?!?

As much as I love this game I also find it extremely limiting in many ways; choice of ships to use regularly is one example. If you look at games like Starfleet Academy, etc... from bygone eras now there was no such limitations; you could play as any faction you so chose; and as for weapon and console slots - it was like Christmas morning all over again. Fire all weapons had an entirely different meaning.

Anyways, just saying I love the Connie and am sad I cannot use it for all my space faring missions. Have you guys heard of Star Trek Renegades? Stars Alan Ruck, and several other famous actors from all over the Trek universe. Their explanation for using the original TOS connie was that the weapons were upgraded making the ship a threat to be dealt with even if hull strength was over forty years old. Neat idea....
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)