View Single Post
Captain
# 666
01-20-2013, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
It'd be more appropriate to say that fed cruisers are the special case in not being able to use [DHCs]. I wish they could though, I imagine a lot of the soapbox grandstanding would die down. People would either figure out its not for them or find a way to use DHCs on fed cruisers effectively in PvE.
Not gonna happen. KDF battlecruisers are substantially more agile then the Federation's whales.

If we're going for the simplistic quick fix, then giving all Fed cruisers the movement profile of the battlecruisers would have far more impact on their practical firepower due to the ability to take up and maintain ideal firing positions. Beams suffer from "less" damage falloff over range than cannons, but it's still a very large penalty.

I'm still really liking my idea of giving Federation cruisers an additional +20 discretionary power that they can throw around as needed. It fits their theme of being engineers and scientists, and it gives the Fed cruisers a meaningful counterpoint to KDF's agility, DHCs, and cloak.