View Single Post
Captain
# 669
01-20-2013, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
You mean the Emergency Power to Foo abilities? Reducing the cooldown times by more than 33% is meaningless since that would get you down to the global cooldown minimum. Doing that would mean cruisers would be able to use a single copy of an Emergency Power ability as often as if they had two copies.

An interesting idea. Though I wonder how much this would really help when it comes to damage output. Emergency Power seems to have a very buggy relationship with weapon power drain. I don't think anybody is seriously complaining that cruisers aren't tough enough, rather the problem is their ability to kill things efficienty.
EPtW has a substantial effect on damage output in a cruiser running BAs, even after the 5 second damage bonus has worn off. Every cruiser build I have uses EPtW2 rather copiously and liberally. I am of the mind of "If it doesn't work properly, throw energy at it until it does". Which ironically works well with my fave main toon, an engi. And a cruiser with EPtW2 (+~30 weapons power) can negate the effect of 3 BAs right there, and if my DCEs are kind and proc, I get the EPtW back as soon as it wears off. If my WCE is kind and procs, my weapon power skyrockets. It's wonderful.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.