View Single Post
Career Officer
# 14
01-21-2013, 04:52 AM
Bridge Packs are a strange product for Cryptic - whilst I'd be the first in line to buy an Excelsior Bridge or an Undiscovered County Constitution Bridge, I'm not sure that they've sold that well or that Cryptic wants to make many more.

For one thing, Cryptic seems to feel the need to bundle them with extras which would indicate that the Bridge on its own isn't a 'saleable' commodity - additionally, creating a bridge and ship interior is a lot more resource-intensive than creating a new ship.

Also, the fact that lockbox ships only come with a bridge and no other areas of the ship is a big hint that they really don't want to be doing this - after all, lockbox ships are the most 'premium' assets this game has.

There was talk a while back of an Intrepid Bridge bundle and I hope that happens (presumably some work has already been done on it). But since we've have several major ships released without any unique bridge at all (Vesta, Chimera, Peghqu') I think they'd rather focus the team in other areas.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012