View Single Post
Ensign
# 12 Think again
01-21-2013, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by synkr0nized View Post
edit: didn't see that you had posted, stirling, while I was writing mine. I think we've more or less covered the same thing, but I'll leave this post as is anyway.

It sounds like you folks aren't familiar with "efficient" on engines overall, or at least the Honor Guard engines. It's not a bug in any coding, it's how engines with efficiencies have functioned for quite a long time.

Often you will have "Efficient at high" or "Efficient at low" power engines. This means that the higher or lower your power settings are will affect the bonuses. In this case, the engine is efficient at low power settings. This means that the higher your weapons, shield, and aux power settings are the lower the bonus; if they are high enough, you get no bonus.

Your power settings for your ship are obviously not present when you are on the ground. They are also not present when traveling in sector space. As a result, looking at an engine like this in either of these situations will only show you the max bonus you can receive for these powers. Only when the settings are active, such as a solar system or mission or combat area, will you see the actual bonus applied relative to your powers. And you'll also be able to see how it changes when you cycle through different power level settings (you do have more than one set up, right?).

While you might have a case that it's not a straightforward visual / interface choice, it's certainly not a bug. The KHG engines are perfectly fine, so don't sit on your thumbs thinking the adapted M.A.C.O. needs to be "fixed".
Not true. Look at the Jem'Hadar combat engine. It is efficient at low settings and gives a +2.5 weapon power levels on top of your current settings then it gives a +7.5 additional weapon power "bonus increase at low weapon power". So the Adapted MACO engines are clearly being misrepresented by Cryptic/PW.