View Single Post
Captain
# 19
01-22-2013, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
The "stat flipping" is a stacking error that has been fixed internally. Basically, the buff refreshes every 1sec, but has a duration of 1.5sec to allow for server/client latency, but is currently (on Holodeck) set to allow the buff to stack. The result is that for half the duration, it's on you twice. We've removed the buff's ability to stack with itself, and so the bonus Defense will no longer fluctuate.

Having multiple FDOs equipped will still result in a stacking benefit.

I honestly like the idea of linking the Defense bonus directly to the number of active hangar pets you have in play, but without prototyping anything out I'm honestly not certain how to make it work. It may also introduce an imbalance between players that prefer to use Frigate-type pets (like Birds of Prey and such) which launch far fewer pets than a standard wing of fighters. I'll look into it, though.
Hi Bort!

IDK how others would feel about the fairness of this, but I think the frigates having a lower obtainable bonus defense might be balanced by their toughness. Having a super high defense bonus because you have multiple scorpion fighters out doesn't do much good when they're so easy to kill. So the lower bonus would end up being easier to maintain, ya dig?

On a related note, since we have you, is there any news on improved AI for pets? I was really excited about that because I hoped you could build on it for NPCs in general.

On an unrelated note, what's up with the ID description?