View Single Post
Captain
# 39
01-22-2013, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducklesworth View Post
Okay, by inappropriate, I clearly mean griefing and overtly sexual behavior. Basically, put it this way: As it stands now, if I troll or graphically depict sexual scenarios on the forums, I will get banned. If I troll or graphically depict sexual scenarios in game, the general consensus seems to be "ignore them and they'll go away." But they're not going away. It's getting worse every day.
Which is an issue that vanishes for you the instant the five person barrier is broken on foundry maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducklesworth View Post
I guess I just disagree with you on principle, though I respect your opinion. No, I don't believe that the groups I mentioned are "worthy (of) being out in the open." We do have to remember that people of all ages play this game.

I do not believe that a separate RP instance and more of a GM presence in social zones is a "train wreck waiting to happen," it's a staple in most MMOs out there, including and especially the largest one in the world.

You're confusing a GM whose role it is to ensure things like harassment don't occur, with a GM whose role it is to monitor a roleplaying space and take action against people who are "unfit" to be in that space (which by the way is what you're advocating). No MMO that I'm aware of has anything resembling the latter.

Secondly, what makes your RP any more appropriate than anyone else's (we're going to go on a little rhetorical journey here, none of this is meant as any kind of attack or insult)? Why should your actions be sanctioned while someone else who prefers a different approach or style be actioned against? What makes you right, and them wrong?

The answer to all of that, is of course nothing. RP is RP. Simply because you don't like what someone else is doing doesn't change that fact.