Thread: rp
View Single Post
Captain
# 4235
01-22-2013, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
OOC: How inferior do you think Republic ships are?! Their weapons have a good chance of bypassing shields! Energy technology means their shields are at least as good as yours. The Republic itself has about 60-70 Matter-Antimatter Modules which supply power to secondary systems, which allows the Reactors and Warp Drive to power the weapons, shields, and engines. The ZPCs were designed to fight the ICONIANS (evidenced by these things being able to ruin a Synthesiser ship's day, which practically one-shotted a Republic Titan-Class Battleship (the Odyssey-C's opposite number, effectively), and has an arsenal of quantum transphasic warheads, combining the explosive yield of a quantum torpedo with the capability to phase through shields and hull. She's also got a fold-jump drive with a range that spans half the Galaxy. She can handle a few Federation ships (at any rate, she would NOT go down THIS quickly! She has THREE Shield Generators to power a Primary, secondary, and tertiary shield (each powering the exposed shield first!)).

Sorry for the rant. Getting sick of the Republic being made out to be inferior... especially when they came up with Multi-frequencial phasers before the Feds started using new-type tech, with the resources of ONE SPACE STATION compared to the whole Federation.

OOC: How do you get past the AT Shielding considering that it is using the users mind keeping its individuality. I did say that it was close to impossible unless another vessel had it which would nullify it. If it is the same force there is not the nullifying knack just a bit of a strong shielding. Multi frequncial phasers are quite a bit useless. Phasics may do it but there is defense bits. The Federation is no slouch either I was thinking it would be even one on one given the Captain. But even numbers would strategically wipe them all over the floor. Plus Omega weaponry and a fair arsenal. Hence why it is an even fight if one on one. But here the numbers are a problem. Just saying the Federation has much bigger resources and an incorporated Klingon Empire. Just trying say it is an even fight.

Federation based on numbers would drive that ship into the floor based on numbers and weapons that are a bit better including a bit system and AT shielding and 3 more sets of shielding normal types. No way 7 go down. 2-3 I can see. 4 heavy damage doubtful. Just saying the Federation is an entire nation that covers more than 200 worlds and nations. Of course there is some parity. Not trying to offend. Just a bit realistic because of 10 ships with Newtype tech, fold space drives, omega frame work, omega weaponry, Omega disruptors. Just an even fight if one on one. But if its ten to 1 that is not quite there. No matter how skilled.

I think a bit of in depth look at the Federation tech would be needed. If that would be fine. Like I did say did not mean to offend.