View Single Post
Rihannsu
# 120
01-22-2013, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
Hey all.

I have to say that I'm looking forward to the new Dominion ships. I have a really important question for the devs and I'm hoping one can answer.

With the Cardassian Galor I can understand that you need a Galor on that particular toon to buy a Spiral Wave disruptor with dilithium. In the same vein, are we going to have to have a Jem'Hadar attack ship on the same toon as the new Dominion carrier in order to be able to use the Jem'Hadar attack wing and the new ship skin?

I think needing the Jem'Hadar attack ship and the Jem'Hadar Carrier on the same toon to unlock these awesome features is not really fair. My toon with the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship has had its skills tuned to match the Attack Ship's capabilities and won't translate well to a carrier. I'm also sure that I'm not the only person to do this. Forcing us to have the carrier and Attack Ship on one toon will therefore ultimately result in us not being able to properly enjoy both ships.

As I'm sure it's not PWE's intention for players to be put in a situation where we can't fully enjoy the content you create for us, can I ask that you please have the carrier detect whether you currently have a Jem'Hadar attack ship on the same account as opposed to the same toon? That way we can ensure that the captain of this awesome new ship can be skilled to make best use of its capabilities and we can maximise our enjoyment of our new content.

STO community, is this a fair request and do you support it? Please keep it constructive!!

Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Heh, RESPEC tokens are cheap- STOCK UP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
You're suggesting we respec each time we change ship? I hardly see this as a constructive comment.
I wouldn't put it past Cryptic. We've seen them do similar things in the past, buttering your bread, giving the initial impression of great value, then comes the sting.

At present, there's little reason for people to buy respec tokens, players either receive them at rank up, or test changes on tribble.

Introducing ships that require fundamentally different skill builds to maximise their their performance could be a way for them to both limit the JHAS from becoming even more powerful and push sales of an under-performing C-Store item, an item which cannot be traded or bought for EC on the exchange.

Cryptic have stated in the past that they don't receive direct instruction from PWE on how to run STO, that doesn't mean they aren't looking over the fence and picking up bad habits.
MikeWard1701 (Special Envoy)

facebook twitter Steam STOwiki Raptr - feel free to follow/friend me : )