View Single Post
Ensign
# 2 The mirror crack'd
01-22-2013, 08:23 PM
I'll join in, Introducing...The Mirror Crack'd

Captain's log, Stardate 90666.13, we are on course for the imaga system investigating what appears to be an automated distress signal. It looks to be a routine rescue, and the crew are just looking forward to getting back to spacedock.

"Captain, we are entering the Imaga system, scanners are showing no ships in the area." Helmsman Kafruss said.

"Interesting. Shields up, let's have a look around."

We searched the area for a good half-hour, but came up with nothing and were just about to leave when...

"Captain, ship decloaking right in front of us!" Commander Tugo yelled.

"ALL STOP!"

"All stop, captain."

We stopped within feet of the other ship

"Captain, we are receiving a hail from the other ship." My communications officer, Wisel said.

"Onscreen, let's see what's going on."

"Hello, captain." the other captain said in a voice that could only be described as slimy. "I have a favor to ask."

"I recognize that voice. It's you, my mirror self."

"Ahh, yes captain, I'm sorry if we've intruded on your little mission here, but frankly, my ship is being hunted down by Cardassians and Klingons and I need a little peace and quiet to repair my ship."

I almost chuckled, "So you want US to be your bodyguards?"

"Oh yes, I am completely serious. And frankly, I think it would be in your best interest to do so."

"Why would it be in my best interest?"

"Because if you don't, I won't be the only one of my kind here."

"Really? Another armada?"

"We Terrans are a stubborn species."

"Like I haven't noticed. Look, I'll let you and your senior staff come aboard the Calico Jack and explain the rest."

"Fine, we are ready to beam out when you are."

I tapped my comm badge to communicate to transporters. "Lorix, 5 to beam directly to the brig."

"WHY YOU..." the rest of his blabber was muffled by the whirr of the transporter beams.

5 minutes later, I had gone down to the brig with my trusted Breen security officer, Sek, and Temata'rax, the toughest Jem'Hadar I had ever seen.

"So, I ask for the help of my dear mirror twin, and I get thrown in here, I didn't think you had it in you."

"Frankly, the only reason you're in here is you terrans have been known to mutiny and commandeer ships in the past, and frankly I can't take that risk. So, tell me, what is going on?"

"We were part of a task force that was sent into the Donatu system to retrieve...something... for the emperor. As you know, Donatu is on the border to Klingon space, so he only sent the best."

"Looks like the best wasn't enough."

"We were ambushed by the cardassians on our way there, we won and took some very good prizes, but our ships were severely damaged, only the Trident was really in any condition to fight."

"Don't tell me, the other ships stabbed you in the back."

"They cut and ran while my ship got cut to ribbons, I had to cut my losses and run or else I would have been on the casualty list."

"Typical Terran, can't stick around in a good fight!" Temata'Rax piped up.

"I got this Temata, we don't need any help from the peanut gallery."

"The what?"

"Nevermind."

"Anyway," My mirror self continued. "We were being chased around by Klingons for days until we found a portal to your dimension, so we descided to come here and lick our wounds and wait for some easy prey.

"Didn't expect us, did you?"

"Oh yes we did."

"What?"

"Roberts to Trident! Open fire all cannons!"

The Trident's cannons opened fire on the Calico Jack, tearing gaping holes in the ship's hull.

"Roberts to trident, 8 to beam up!"

All of us were gone, and had been taken to the Trident Bridge.

Temata'rax was furious, and was ready to take on the entire ship!

"Stand down, Temata, it looks like we are outgunned." I said as 4 security teams surrounded us. But we weren't taken to the brig, we were made to watch as the trident dissected open the Calico Jack's hull bit by bit. Takerra, my first officer had no choice but to run.

"HAHA! Looks like the shoe is on the other foot now, Des."

"So the armada, the Klingons, the Cardassians, it was all a lie."

"Most of it was, the armada, however, is very much real."

Outside the Trident, an armada of 130 Imperial Terran ships began to decloak as mirror Des laughed into the night.

(To possibly be continued)

Last edited by destroyer831642; 01-23-2013 at 07:05 AM.