View Single Post
Career Officer
# 4
01-22-2013, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
considering the BoPs all use universal boff stations I don't see the point of this besides you wanting a BoP with less/more console slots and toys depending on variant.

I'd prefer a new 'Heavy' Bird of Prey variant. A replacement for the aging B'rel platform.

Rather than an enhanced cloaking device, this one would have a phase cloak. When phase cloaked it cannot receive damage. Phase cloak operates like the enhanced cloak but not as good. Rather than 3 seconds to auto-recloak it takes 5 seconds.

Phase cloak enables torpedoes to be fired while remaining cloaked, energy weapons will decloak the BoP for 5 seconds. Only active external effects that disrupt cloak will bring it out of phase and apply the timer to re-cloak of 15 seconds-ish.

HOWEVER, when under phase cloak the ship receives timer penalties... all 'skillpoints' spent on Boffs that speed up their timers are nullified. Ergo, torpedo high yield takes a full minute to re-load rather than 30 seconds.

The BoP is also partially visible (aka stealth detected) for 8 seconds after firing torpedoes but it can't be locked on to. The visibility is enough to allow ships with PBAOE or other cloak-revealing abilities to close in and pull the ship back into phase.

Have this BoP have a console: Eye of Kahless

This console is similar to the new ability from jemhadar lockbox but with a twist: rather than the more you shoot a target the higher the chance weapon hits will disable a subsystem it will be that critical hits scored on a target have a good chance of disabling engines, aux or weapons (not shields).

Boffs:
Cmdr Universal
Lt Cmd Univ
Lt Cmd Univ
Lt Univ.
Lt Univ.

5 fore weapon
1 aft weapon

Weak shields hp
Raptor like hull hp
BoP-worthy speed.
Turn rate between BoP and Raptor but with higher inertia (sliding attacks more frequent).

Visual wise I'd make it a cross between the B'rel, the Heghta and a Peghqu raptor.

Hegtha hull (body), b'rel and heghta wing choices and pehqu 'nose' section and overall ship size.
hmmm back at ya,
When phase cloaked it cannot receive damage?
critical hits scored on a target have a good chance of disabling engines, aux or weapons ?
Cmdr Universal
Lt Cmd Univ
Lt Cmd Univ
Lt Univ.
Lt Univ

so let me see can't take damage under cloak but can fire energy weapons and torpedoes from the same cloak plus a 14 universal boff slot ship which is 2 more than any ship in game!

I think you are expectations are a bit high sir, maybe just a bit