View Single Post
Captain
# 30
01-23-2013, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxlagind View Post
The Jem'Hadar Attack Ship is already in the game, and it's been plenty tested and acknowledged as the best ship in the game.

Lets introduce 2 special consoles it can use!

We don't need to wait to know this is going to be a problem.
I said this in the lockbox thread, but I'll say it here too.

I don't have a bug, and I don't intend to ever get one.

With that said, I'm not all that too concerned about a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship equipping these two consoles.

The ship has 10 consoles. Half of which are most likely going to have 5 tactical consoles. There are three universal consoles that are pretty much must haves (Zero-Point Energy Conduit, Assimilated Module, and Tachyokinetic Converter). That leaves two consoles for them to play around with.

If they put the two new Dominion consoles on their ship, they are giving up passive consoles for ability consoles that will have a fairly long cooldown. I think this will affect their survivability. Granted, a full team with a mix of these consoles could be a problem. But, really, what coordinated team spamming the same ability isn't a problem? Just like everything else, it's not overpowered on it's own. It's when the entire team spams it that it becomes a problem.

As for the phased polaron weapons getting both phaser and polaron weapon types, I'm not all that big a fan of hybrid weapons. You sacrifice a modifier for having two procs. I slapped an Embassy Science console with power insulators and plasma DOT. I gave my phasers a plasma proc without sacrificing a modifier, and I gained more resistance to drains.

If I were to complain about the worst thing about the lockboxes, I'd say the Scramble Sensor DOFF.