View Single Post
Career Officer
# 8
01-23-2013, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Accx3 is extremely overrated. Yes it gives you overflow crth and crtd. NO it is no where near equal. Even if you manage to gets someone into negative defense. (which is pretty much impossible these days vs a non noob)... even then you would be lucky to get an extra 1-2% of crth... and perhaps 10-20% of crtd.... ACC is no replacement for the real thing.

Stick with your CRTHx3... they do far more dmg then CRTD... which imo is still a pretty much useless stat.

Mostly these days I run... [acc] [crth]x2... as when you DO crit your sevarity will be effected by Acc/Def ratings... you get a pretty good natural ACC with full spec and Acc captain trait... having the extra 20 from accx3... IS NOT worth the lose of 4% crit hit. basicly with one ACC mod and proper spec you will land hits so that won't be an issue... and the overage difference +20 will give you would in an absolute best scenario might be an extra .75% or so.

CRTD... last I tested it is pretty much junk... what it does is provid 10% stronger crits (overall)... as the 20% in provides is 20% of the CRITICAL dmg. Meaning if you where to land a perfect 1000... if it crit it would be 1500... if you have CRTDx3 it would be 1800... that is hardly worth the trade in crit... or acc.
How are you tracking these stats? By visual acuity or with a combat log parser? I noticed a huge difference in the amount of crit chance from PvE to PvP (obviously) and I have also noticed via a combat log parser that having the Hx3 only gains a 1-1.5% (sometimes slightly more) increase in MOST circumstances because of the human factor. And its obvious that you crit higher damage once shields are gone... YOu still crit a lot with shields up but the crits are much smaller unless using a BO3 or HY3 to try to melt shields.

I stand by ACCx3 or Accx2 [h or d] if you have the accurate passive. But going to an all Hx3 or Dx3 i feel looses too much. You're just hoping for that hit and that it crits massively (unless they have a really low defense rating). Dx3 would be the worst choice of the two though if that was all I had to choose from...

=/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
Original Handle: the_orig_jean_luc_picard

Last edited by blznfun; 01-23-2013 at 08:07 PM.