View Single Post
Ensign
# 52
01-23-2013, 09:35 PM
When it comes to RP, there are a couple things that I would really like to see added or enhanced:

1- Additional Emotes: This is for the most part a no-brainer and I'm sure that others before me have posted this. Emotes such as using a PADD would be very helpful, as we already have the tricorder one, it seems only right to add a PADD to the mix.

Another helpful set of emotes would be ones for using a console, be it a desk console, wall console etc.

2- Talking Animation when in the 'Local' Channel: Self explanatory, this is something that Star Wars Galaxies did very well, in my opinion. When saying something in "Local" or "Say", the character would make a general talking animation, which would also do another animation based on certain keywords that were used.

Example 1: A character says "That was a good joke!" The character would merely do the normal talking animation.

Example 2: A character says "Hahaha! That was a good joke!" The character would do a laughing animation rather than the standard talking one to reflect the words used by the character.

This was a small detail in the grand scheme of things, but it was just another bit to add to the overall immersion.

3- Looped Animations: If my character is working on a report on a tricorder (or a PADD if they were available) they might be taking longer than 2 seconds. Rather than having to type in /emote tricorder every 3 seconds, it would be nice to type something such as /emote tricorder_loop to let the animation continue until I move or hit esc.

4- Modify Bridge Officer Locations on Ship: While on my bridge, there is one thing that I wish I could change immediately and one that I wish I could change down the road. The more immediate change would be the placement of my Bridge Officers. If I am going to RP with another player as my first officer, they currently have no place to sit, since NPC Bridge Officers currently fill all of the available spaces. I would like to see the option to have any bridge mimic the setup of the Odyssey Bridge, where the 3 command seats in the center are not only open, but able to be sat in via clicking on them.

The secondary change I would like is to change which ship is displayed on the back wall panels, but this is minor in the grand scheme of things.

5- Every chair "sittable"- Every RPers wish and again self explanatory, If there is a chair in the world, you should be able to sit in it via clicking on it.