View Single Post
Career Officer
# 22
01-23-2013, 10:01 PM
I just wanted to update everyone on the status of the Ghosts of War series, and Part VI in particular. Rest assured I have not neglected or forgotten about Part VI, I just have had a lot going on outside STO in the last 2-3 months so I've taken a bit of a break from it.

Now, however, I have gotten back to developing Part VI in earnest. I'm focusing on completing the first couple of maps and the last couple of maps first, because they're fairly short and straightforward compared to the heart of the episode, which is a bit slower going than I expected, mainly because [1] I ended up having to reimagine the middle section of the mission (i.e. the maps leading up to the grand final confrontation) and [2] I have a big scripted-SFX set piece in store for that final confrontation scene and want to get it just right.

So, now Valentine's Day is my new target publish date for "Ghosts of War, Part VI". In the meantime I have made a few more minor tweaks to Parts I-V, and may add a few more before I finally pronounce them stable.

Last edited by paxfederatica; 01-24-2013 at 04:36 AM.