View Single Post
Career Officer
# 104
01-24-2013, 07:38 AM
I.S.S. prefix is optional. You have to physically choose that option when renaming your ship upon purchase/opening of the lockbox.

I do think it is odd that, say, blue phasers from the actual TOS connie are upgradable (albeit up until Tier 4 I believe) but a ship purchased directly from the c-store for good money is not. I purchased the TOS Connie and the Exeter PRIOR to my understanding how the game actually worked in its entirety (never played an MMO until STO). I do NOT regret the decision(s) of course because I enjoyed the product. However, like a real plastic model purchased from a hobby shop, both of these ships sit unused (in the c-store waiting to be claimed again) now waiting for the day I decide to start a new Fed character and in doing so, probably hoping I take my sweet time to play said carahacter otherwise they will become obsolete too quickly as I Tier up.

I wonder how nice the Enterprise C will be? Looks like it may be as sluggish as the Galaxy unfortunately... but that is speculation.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)