View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 3532
01-26-2013, 08:42 PM
Short Term:

Balance Weapon Power Usage with DPS
Balance Weapon Power Usage with DPS...you get the idea. I'm tired of being penalized twice for using a weapon with a better firing arc than 45 degrees. If you run 8 beams, an already low dps drops to a pathetic dps when they choke themselves on power.
Beam weapon effects: combine all volleys into a single longer duration beam and make DPV = DPS. I'd like to see the same effect as in the shows and other star trek games, not a disco ball in space.

Medium Term:

Make ground STFs and FAs actually worth running. They are just a waste of time due to the difference in the value of the drops between ground and space.

Long Term:

Turn ground combat into a true First-Person Shooter with no weapon auto-targetting and auto-locking. I basically want ground combat to be like Star Trek: Elite Force. You get a first-person view including your weapon and your toon's hands, and all of your weapon fire goes wherever your reticule is pointing (keep the split-beam secondary fire the way it is).

Last edited by peter1z9; 01-28-2013 at 05:35 PM. Reason: added beam weapon effects idea