View Single Post
Commander
# 4
01-27-2013, 09:29 AM
Well, BOffs have traits like characters - and these traits are important on the ground (apart from Efficient).
Rarity decides how good their traits are.

Good general traits are:
Lucky, Resilient, Peak Health, Fury & Aggressive

For melee:
Physical Strength

For ranged:
Soldier

For Science:
Creative

Covert can be good with Tacticals if they use stealth.
A few specific BOffs, like the Breen or Jem'Hadar one - are quite good, too, in regards to traits -
and of course there's the many special abilities of various base races - some of which are very good (Klingons, for example, are pretty decent).

The other thing is ground abilities, altho that's too lengthy.
Science BOffs tend to excell in that regard - while Tacticals excell at dealing damage.
2 Tac 2 Sci, if you have the slots, is quite a good choice. Give the Scis control, area affects + heals and grenades + ranged abilities for the Tacs.
Melee isn't too great with BOffs, from my experience (Ai can't handle it so they die).
Engineers are somewhat underwhelming, altho one is ok if you're no Engineer yourself, so you can strategically place some mines, which is very handy in many situations.
As mentioned above you can also go with the "spam" strategy of using many engineers with as many "pet" abilities as possible, which will generally help spreading aggro over many targets, but it my opinion it's not really necessary.
The very most fights can be won before the first Quantum Mortar strike hits the ground.

Also: Three buttons are good to have:
The one to tell all BOffs to stand in some place.
The one that cancels that. ^
And the one to make them attack a specific target.

Pause is generally unnecessary, even on Elite, but these three are rather handy.
(They are C, V & B with my key layout)

He's dead, Jim.

Last edited by lolimpicard; 01-27-2013 at 09:49 AM.