View Single Post
Career Officer
# 9
01-27-2013, 10:26 AM
I have the cutting beam, it is indeed 360 degrees! it works best in conjunction with the borg tractor beam that is only available with the three piece set. that being said, you can disable the visuals of the borg set if it is not your thing. they recently fixed the beam cutter as well, more powerful apparently.

I bought the Omega Torp and to be honest, if you have four rear slots for weapons throw it on and forget about it. Otherwise dont bother. The cutting beam is more than sufficient and what with the turrets and cannons, you wont often find yourself facing an enemy with its shields up for long.

You may want to consider buying the Romulan ZPe and the Lobi store tachy converter. that coupled with the assim module gives the ship some needed support.

Edit: to answer your newest question, because the Chimera's special weapon is a phaser Id stick to that weapon type personally. Get the fleet variants XII of the phaser DHC and Turrets. ..etc... but again, that is just my preference.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)

Last edited by bugspatteredjack; 01-27-2013 at 10:29 AM.