View Single Post
Career Officer
# 28
01-27-2013, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
I would be happy with that, but I do think the exploit is an exploit. I have no real issue with grinders. Cryptic makes them. I made one of my own. It's a legit way to test builds and if it's what a player wants to do, so be it. I can respect it if someone doesn't want story and just wants to blow stuff up.

But the loot farming exploits need to be dealt with by Cryptic. It's spreading like crazy, and it could really hurt them if all it takes to get a key is an hour of target practice. If a fleet or a player wants to kill 75 battleships to max out their Foundry loot, then he or she needs to actually fight 75 battleships or at least assist in a big space war.

Players who want story should be able to filter out the grinders, and grinders who want grind should be able to filter out the story.
This.
Everything he just said.
I can respect that you need Fleet Marks, and Dilithium, and hell even Loots to make the EC. I have no argument with you there. We all need these things.
But you can't really say that blowing up 75 ships that sit in a nebula that brings down their shields, while they don't fight back isn't an exploit.

You want a grind to get all the needed stuffs (marks, dil, etc) I can respect that.
Hell Man, I'll build an actual real one with minimal dialog and so much freaking space combat your head will spin. But you'll have to actually sit at the controls and fight increasing waves of enemies designed to take up about 20 - 25 minutes of the 30 minute cooldown.

That's a grind.

I believe that missions set up with wave after wave of a single type of enemy to help people get accolades are great honestly. They make a lot of sense.

Look. I can accept that some people don't like to play story missions. By the same token, some people don't like the nothing but Pew Pew Missions.

No one wants to take away your ability to earn Marks at a rapid pace for your fleet.
We all need that.
Do you really think that some elitist Foundry community is sitting around conspiring about how to make this harder on everyone ?
No, man. We want you to be able to find actual combat oriented missions that actually test your skill and builds for 15 minutes, and earn the Fleet Marks you need, while those who want story can do it that way.
Doing it via exploit. That's what I (and I imagine others) have a problem with.

Add two simple tabs to the danged interface.

Combat & Story

I'll stay away from yours and you guys can stay away from ours.
We'll all be happy.

peace

Last edited by hippiejon; 01-27-2013 at 06:39 PM.