View Single Post
Captain
Heya folks.

Just wanted to discuss and highlight a very important issue, which I think many among us are very preoccupied with: Player skill.

But what im curios about is where this skill shines and makes it count. Is it first and foremost through teamplay or is it in glorious combat in duels? Are there more mental and intuitive qualities related or not?
Vise versa im too curios about what players dont consider skill, but an "easy" or "cheap" strategy.

Lastly i want to bring up the topic with good and sore losers, as well as cocky winners. Sure loosing sucks, but thats something you learn and grow from, and most people i know take a loss with a smile and moves on. But what to do with people who are sore losers, e.g the ones who will promise that you alone will be hunted down until vengenance is soothed? And lastly how would you deal with a cocky winner who will rub it in so it shines?

In my opinion player skill shines through teamplay. Through teamplay you dont just evolve yourself, but you help others grow too. The team creates a synergy among themselves, a force unstoppable. Its too via teamplay you develope communication skills and a keen mind of observation to be able to predict, anticipate your ship and abilties, your friends ships, and how to read your opponents gameplay.
Solo combat has it merits as well. Youre on your own, and you alone have to predict and defeat your enemy. This requires alot of intuition and to be able to know when to buff, when to strike, and when to move off.

Whats not skill? Stick on every annoying console and let that win for you. On top of that, picking FOTM ship(s) and win with it due to its superiority.

Well discuss
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!