View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 183
09-18-2009, 09:16 AM
I've always enjoyed playing classes that were a jack-of-all-trades and master of none. A couple others in this thread have mentioned that.

Examples. For Lord of the Rings Online, I love the Lore-master class since I can heal a little, give power to others, dps a little, hit very hard with lightning, every 5 minutes, buff, and debuff, along with lots of cc. I can even rez. It's by far the most versatile class. It never specializes in any of those fields, though. I tried the same with a Bard in Dungeons & Dragons Online, but spells are horribly weak there (DDO favors hack and slash and diverse party make-up instead of diverse characters).

How can we achieve that in this "inverted triangle" (and actually, no need to invert it since a regular triangle or pyramid is better as you work your way to the top). Cryptic mentioned that we get more and more specialized as we gain tanks but didn't explain anything about those who generalized more. I enjoy being the swiss army knife in a group to fill almost any gaps in specific roles.

What sort of love can we expect for those of us who like jack-of-all-trades and master of none characters?