View Single Post
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
01-29-2013, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
Given what the 'Reputation System' is - I don't get how they can be considering a Thlian one; as (if you follow the new Romulus story via the Romulan Rep cutscenes); the Tholians are such Xenophobes; I don't see why/how any non-crystiline lifeforms would trust them; or would believe what they say. Even as far as TOS goes, they weren't interested in contact; and if you go by comments made during the TNG TV series run, the Federation has/had gone to war with the Tholians a couple of times since the TOS era.

I'm not against new Reputation system additions per se; I'd just like them to have some consistency and make some sense in the overall STO storyline that (I assume) Cryptic is talking about getting back to and featuring a bit more in game - and not just get a Rep system added because some portion of the Dev team may think it's 'cool'.

Just my two cents.
I see your point, but I suspect that the possible 'Tholian Reputation' that they are considering would be anything like the Romulan one form S7.
And seen how the Tholians wreak havoc in STO, I think it would be closer to the 'Omega Rep' where we would actuall fight them or prevent some devious plan of theirs through mission.
Because true Starfleet Captains command Exploration Cruisers!
Thank you Cryptic for finally giving me MY SHIP!!!