View Single Post
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
01-29-2013, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
Given what the 'Reputation System' is - I don't get how they can be considering a Thlian one; as (if you follow the new Romulus story via the Romulan Rep cutscenes); the Tholians are such Xenophobes; I don't see why/how any non-crystiline lifeforms would trust them; or would believe what they say. Even as far as TOS goes, they weren't interested in contact; and if you go by comments made during the TNG TV series run, the Federation has/had gone to war with the Tholians a couple of times since the TOS era.

I'm not against new Reputation system additions per se; I'd just like them to have some consistency and make some sense in the overall STO storyline that (I assume) Cryptic is talking about getting back to and featuring a bit more in game - and not just get a Rep system added because some portion of the Dev team may think it's 'cool'.

Just my two cents.
I see your point, but I suspect that the possible 'Tholian Reputation' that they are considering would be anything like the Romulan one form S7.
And seen how the Tholians wreak havoc in STO, I think it would be closer to the 'Omega Rep' where we would actuall fight them or prevent some devious plan of theirs through mission.

----------------------------------------------
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!