View Single Post
Captain
# 10
01-29-2013, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xigbarg View Post
There's also the Steamrunner. That also has 10 consoles but lacks a fleet variant.

I see it looking like this.

Hull Strength: 27,000
Shield Modifier: 1
Weapons: 4 Fore 3 Aft
Device Slots: 3
Bridge Officer Stations: Commader Tac, Lt. Tac, Lt. Comm Sci, Ensg Sci, Lt. Eng,
Console Modifications: 4 Tactical, 3 Engineering, 3 Science
Base Turn Rate: 15 degrees per second
Impulse Modifier: 0.20
Low Energy Signature
+10 Weapon Power
+5 Auxiliary Power
Can load dual cannons
Thoron Beam Generator (Universal Console Mod), same as stalker but would look similar to the Heavy Graviton Beam from the Maco set (without the knockback)
I'm not sure if people would fly a ship with only 15 degree turn rate and 27,000 Hull. The Fleet Aquarius has only 26,400 Hull and 17 degree turn rate, and nobody flies it. As it is, your ship there kind of has the same problems that the Aquarius has, in that it's just a neutered version of something we already have (the Defiant). The low hull with high speed/maneuverability is a must for this hypothetical ship.

I think a good way for its Mask Energy Signature ability to work is for it to be an active ability, rather than a passive, that disrupts the enemy's ability to target your ship for X amount of seconds. Functionally, it's like phasing on and off of your HUD so you only see it sometimes, with an increased effectiveness the farther away it is.