View Single Post
Lieutenant
# 2795
01-29-2013, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolimpicard View Post
Cryptic is still talking about "launcher issues" while the problem is the availability of their patchserver.
The on-demand patching ingame doesn't work properly either.

This also allows only one conclusion:
Cryptic is lying. They did not find any sort of solution yesterday - they probably didn't do anything.

Actually the funny thing is, while I hate the fact that this stands true, cryptic has given nearly zero information about whats going on anyways. They didn't actually say what happened last night, that was myself and a few others.

The only things I know that are absolutely true right now is last night a border network device failed in an internap cabinet. The cascading effect of this was pretty nasty and it affected a rather large number of user groups. The catastrophe really just shows that redundancy wasn't in place, which in and of itself was bad. Chances are right now they're testing why that failed if there is any reasoning to what they're doing.

That being said, even the small glimmer of info we've been given isn't wrong nor is it lying, its just not giving any truth - its whitewashed "please listen to this hold music" info that doesn't provide any chance for saying the WRONG thing and thereby limits the community manager's liability for wrong or misleading information.

In other words, its third hand and we're getting the timeshare brochure end of it.