View Single Post
Captain
# 68
01-30-2013, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
think you need to pvp a whole lot more. most times in premades i dont even use my own tt. im giving it to my sci healer or shut down sci. and tt has a way to long clear. so lets see what it does, disto sheilds, clears tact debuffs, and a minor buff to weps. what people use it for mostly? disto sheilds. should just call it defense team. btw im a tact in a jem ship. and your example is really not true. if im getting hit my sheilds just auto disto anyways with w s a d keys. if anything a simple tss or extends will fix thoes issues. ill also hit rsp. if im being held ill then use my own tt. trust me tt is way op. why do you think its on every class? call for a sci team? well ur m8 will also put a tt on you. again ur sheilds are bricked.
Three of my four guys will always have TT. Depending on the ship, they may even have 2x TT. One of the four runs at least one TT on every ship aside from one. That's the KDF Eng when he's in his Mirror Vor'cha.

EPtS, TSS, RSP, RSF, BFI, and MW...and well...AtS, ET, HE, PH, BFI, and MW. He also runs x/100 Shield Power for the most part.

Even there though, I've considered grabbing TT to drop out on other players.

Even though he's not built this way, imagine something like that along with the Rep Passives: Enhanced Shield Systems, Emergency Second Shielding, Hull-Repairing Nanites, and Superior Shield Repair. Heck, add in the Hull/Shield Romulan consoles, eh? Think about the various combinations of sets you can also throw together - whether you're looking at Borg set bonuses, Fleet Elite Shields, or the subvert on the KHG/AMACO?

IMHO, I'm not sure whether it's a case that TT is OP or if the Shield Distro aspect of TT should be a baseline Captain ability (any Career) with TT being modified to offset the loss of the Shield Distro.

Course, any such change to TT...could also potentially affect how ET and ST are used...which in turn could affect all the abilities they are used against. Looking at TT isn't something that should be taken lightly...
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin